The Book Nook
A New, Used, and Rare Book Store - Growing Daily! Located in the lower level of the library.
Open Monday - Friday: 10am-4pm and Saturday 10am-1:30pm
(Book Nook hours are subject to volunteer staffing -- please call ahead)
Local History Collection
The collection includes information about the first one hundred years of West Branch and beyond plus access to the Ogemaw County Herald on microfilm dating back to 1923. Cemetery and burial plot information, plat book access, and US Census information, along with the histories of many local families can be researched in the numerous collections of biographies.
- 12 public computers with, fiber optic connected, high speed Internet and access to office productivity applications. Also 2 AWE learning computers for preschoolers.
- Print and copy services
Black and White - .20¢ per page (.10¢ for each page after 20)
Color Printing - $1.00 per page
- Facsimile service
Local and Toll-Free - No Cost
Long Distance - $2.00 for the first page, $1.00 each additional page
Receiving (Any Number) - $1.00 per page
- Scanning is available - see the circulation desk for details
- Wireless Internet Access
- Headphones can be purchased at the circulation desk for $2.00
- You can purchase a West Branch District Library bag with our logo on it at the circulation desk for $5.00.
- There is a community room available for use by the public. Please contact the library programming coordinator for more information about community room policies.
- The library has access to career information along with job searching aids and test preparation guides for GED, ASVAB, GRE, MCAT and many
- Tax forms are available during tax season - both Federal and State.
- Author visits
- Summer Reading Program for children, young adults and adults
- Preschool Story Time
- Tech Tuesday - a one-on-one, sit down, technology assistance program (Tues through Friday by appointment only)
- Adult and Children Book Clubs
See our Events Calendar for more information on upcoming events.
The West Branch District Library is...
For more information about QSAC and what it means for our library, visit the Library of Michigan's website.